You may be wondering how you can make more money with your small business. One great way to do this is to have a Millennial marketing strategy. Why? Millennials are a huge market with a lot of buying power. Millennials are anyone born between 1977 and 2000. They account for 25% of the US population. They also happen to spend 600 billion annually. You need to get a piece of that for your business! There are several ways you can make your business “Millennial-Friendly”. Here are some tips for you to take into consideration:
- Make your website work on mobile devices. You also need to be present on apps and mobile sites that they are utilizing, like Google maps.
- Every business should have a presence on Facebook, even if you are a solopreneur.
- Have live chat on your website. Millennials prefer to chat than pick up the phone and call a business.
- Use social media in real time. People should be able to reach out to you on Twitter and get a response from someone at your company, whether it is you or someone who works for you.
- Improve the speed of support. You should have fixed the problem within 24 hours. People are not willing to wait very long for things to be resolved.
- Have positive reviews online. Genuine ones. You may get some negative reviews no matter what, but strive toward resolutions and your customers, including Millennials, will recognize that.
- Use discounts and coupons. Millennials are savvy when it comes to saving money. They are a great marketing tactic and bring people to your business. People often spend more when they think they are getting a good deal.
- Have a mission and contribute to society. Do something to make the world a better place Millennials will take notice. Plus you will get to feel good about what you are doing, and who doesn’t like that?
- Treat your employees well. This goes without saying really, but word of mouth goes far. Employees that are treated well produce better work, anyway.
- Use email. It is the preferred way Millennials like to communicate. Some people might think email is outdated, but recent studies have shown that it is not.
Hopefully, your business is already doing a few of these things, but if you aren’t, now you have actionable steps to take to market for Millennials. Most of these steps require a great website as a base, and then you build on that from there. Thankfully most small businesses already have a presence online. As an entrepreneur, you want to make sure you are on top of trends and working with Millennials is a great way to do that. You may have some work ahead of you to make your business “Millennial-Friendly” but with these tips, you’ll be well on your way.
You might also want to initiate your small business with these high-paying skills and attract more millennials for a greater earning.