Have you heard anything about freelancing? Some people are excited to start a freelance business as soon as they learn what is possible. You could be making money doing what you love instead of working that 9 to 5 and dealing with a crappy boss. You might be scared to take that leap though or not have a whole bunch of money to get started. That’s okay because there are businesses you can start right now for free. You’ll have more freedom doing the following in the gig economy.
- Social Media: With social media marketing, you can teach companies how to use social media to get clients as well as retain their current customers.
- Blogging: There is so much you can do with blogging. All you need to decide is which platform to use and what your topic will be. You’ll want to niche down so your message is targeted at your ideal customer.
- SEO: Search Engine Optimization is the key to getting content discovered on the web. You can master this for your own sites and also use those skills to help companies with their sites.
- Teaching: There are online teaching jobs that you can do remotely if you have a degree.
- Copywriting: If you have a way with words, you may want to consider copywriting. Businesses pay a lot of money to someone who can craft words in a way that sells their product or service.
- Ghost Writing: There’s a lot of people out there who have something to say but don’t have the time or skills to write it themselves, that’s where you come in.
- Magazine Article Writing: There are lists all over the internet of magazines that accept submissions.
- Grant Writing: Maybe you’d like to help a nonprofit. Consider grant writing.
- College Admission Essay Writing: There is students with big dreams of ivy league that are willing to pay someone to write their essays.
- Editing: There is constantly new content being created every day, and it needs to be edited. This can be big business with big profits for you.
- Online Research: Are you great with Google? You might find solo employment as a researcher.
- Translation: There are many companies and gigs that need someone who is bilingual. Put that skill to use.
- Graphic Design: If you are artistic and tech savvy then graphic design might be for you. Help create logos and design brands.
- Photography: There are many ways of selling photos online. If you have artistic skills with photography, even with just an iPhone, you can make money.
- Wedding Photography: People pay top dollar for wedding photos.
- Photo Editing: All those photos being taken need editing. Not everyone is good at that. If you are, it could be quite lucrative.
- Virtual Assistant: There are a lot of successful VAs behind thriving online businesses. You could be who an entrepreneur relies on.
You might also be able to find jobs on the best freelancing websites out there. If you do a bit of research you find that there are many to choose from, but some will be better for workers wanting to start freelancing. Freelance writing is a common path. You’ll have to consider the skills you already have as well as ones you are willing to invest in and learn. You may not necessarily have to have secondary education, but you may want to do an online course.