Are you an entrepreneur? You may be really busy putting your all into your business to get it off the ground. However, you need to make sure that you don’t just work through your twenties. There’s a lot of things that you should do while you are young to set yourself up for the future. There’s also things that you can only really do while young, while fit, and possibly before getting married and starting a family. Here is a to-do list of things to do before 30.
- Get an education. After 30 it can be hard to go back to school. You’ll probably have to work hard while doing so and have family commitments you don’t have now.
- Learn how to cook. Cooking is not only healthier but also generally saves you money. Check out recipes online and start learning what you like.
- Learn about your family. Especially grandparents if they are still alive. Hear their stories. They won’t be around forever.
- Get in shape. If you start an exercise regimen now it will be more likely to last a lifetime. You will live longer and have a more active lifestyle.
- Save money. It may seem a little early to think about retirement, but the little bit you invest now will grow to very large amounts by the time you retire. Put some away, even a very small amount like $25 a week.
- Nurture your friendships. As you grow older you will probably only have a handful of lasting friendships. Make sure you have a give and take with the people you care about.
- Follow your passion in the workforce. If you are already an entrepreneur, great, but if not get started.
- Find your cause. What do you care about? Consider volunteering. Make the world a better place.
- Learn to write well. Writing is a skill that will improve your ability to communicate and can also make you money.
- Read frequently. Reading keeps you sharp. You can also continue to learn about the things you are passionate about.
- Get organized. You’ll thank yourself later. Being messy is not the best way to operate.
- Fall and pick yourself back up. Sometimes you fail and it hurts but you need to learn to accept that it happens sometimes and you get back up and move on.
- Network with professionals. Learn how to network both in person and online. Figure out LinkedIn and contact people in your line of work. Learn how to cold email.
- When you are older and things start to hurt, you won’t be climbing mountains. Do it now.
- Get out of debt. Try as hard as you can to pay your college debt down. The sooner you do the sooner you have financial freedom.
- Brand yourself. Be on social media and consistent on all channels. Every entrepreneur needs a platform. Create yours.
There are definitely things that you can do to make your twenties memorable. The best thing to do is start now. Don’t wait. Ten years may seem like a long time but it will fly by, especially if you are already in business or in school. Try to take time for you as you only live once. You will be more successful and get more out of your relationships if you work on yourself first. Enjoy these tips of things to do before 30.