Do you have the entrepreneurial spirit? Perhaps you just need to increase your income to make ends meet, or maybe you have a bigger goal of retiring early. You may have heard that solopreneurship is a way to do those things. Everyone should have at least one side hustle simply to make more money. But what are the keys to starting a side hustle successfully?
- Have multiple streams of income. Do not put your eggs in one basket. You can’t guarantee that you will have a job forever, and the same goes with freelancing and even passive income. Mix it up and have more than one to rely on. Think about the skills you already possess and how you can create a service based business and possibly something passive as well. Should you have a blog? Teach online courses? Do some research and see what would be a good fit for you.
- Add value. You have to solve a problem or pain point for a person to truly have a successful side hustle. People don’t like to spend money, but they like to buy things that benefit them at the same time. Be the solution and you will see your income increase. Think about what you know or what you could easily learn and research as much as you can, and then take that research and turn it into a blog, course, or sales funnel.
- Use your already existing contacts to get yourself out there, and continue to grow. Start an email list. Make a website, network on social media. Spread the word. Don’t be afraid to share your new business. Get out there and let people know what you are doing and how you can help them.
- Set goals. Make sure you start hustling before you leave your day job. You should have a solid foundation in place before you make that leap. There will be long hours, but it will be worth it, and you’ll be less likely to fail. Start with a part time hustle. Most people say to have 3 to 6 months of income saved before leaving your day job. You may not need that much but you don’t want to cause problems for yourself either.
- Believe in yourself. It might sound silly, but you need confidence in order to be successful. If you don’t believe you are the solution, your customers won’t either. Continue to learn and share what you know.
You may have a lot of side hustle ideas. Make sure to do your research and find what will work best for you and the skills you already have, with the hope of expanding your skill set in the future. There is a wealth of information online on various gigs you can do and services you can offer. There is no need to reinvent the wheel, but you will want to put your own spin on what you offer. With these side hustle tips, you will be well on your way to be successful and earn extra or maybe even full-time income.
Are you an entrepreneur or freelancer? You are probably working really hard to make the most of your business. This can mean really long days, stress, and not much time to recharge. You might think if you don’t work constantly your business won’t get ahead. However, if you don’t take care of yourself, you will be functioning poorly and not doing your best work. It is very important to find a work-life balance. So what should you be doing?
- Enjoy time off. You need to have at least one day off a week. And you need to be fitting some rest into your schedule. You can’t just work continually and never stop.
- Take naps. Sleep is not the enemy. It helps you recharge and be at your best. Make sure you have a good mattress for restful sleep.
- And not just about business, for pleasure too. It will keep your brain sharp.
- Take mental health days, when you need them. It happens and is necessary.
- Have a Netflix marathon, which is always enjoyable. Something light and funny always helps relax you and put you in a good mood.
- Listen to music. Even while getting work done, listen to something in the background. You might laugh but new age music is good for this. Think Enya.
- Go for a drive. Sometimes you will get an “aha” moment while driving. This could be good for your business!
- Listen to an awesome podcast. You might learn something new, either for business or personal growth.
- Go to the gym. Make sure you stay in shape. You might spend a lot of time sitting and this can make it easy to gain weight. Try to eat healthy, too.
- Do chores. Not the most fun thing to do, but a dirty house is not conducive to learning, growth, and ultimately business success. If you really can’t do them and can afford it, pay someone to clean for you.
- Find a way to enjoy things you have to do. If you can’t, outsource them. Then you don’t even really have to think about the trivial stuff anymore.
- Spend time with family. Do not neglect this area of your life. Family is important. Get rid of distractions that take away from this.
- Utilize your support network. Communication is key. If you are stressed out, talk about it. Even consider getting a therapist. It doesn’t make you “crazy” (such an awful word), anyone can benefit from therapy.
With these tips, you’ll be taking better care of yourself. This translates to better business and ultimately more money. Work-life balance can be hard, but it’s important to take care of yourself. It is easy when you are passionate about your business it’s easy to work long hours and get sucked into working all the time. But really most of us became entrepreneurs to have more freedom and time. So it is necessary to remember why you got into business in the first place, and take care of yourself.