Do you have the entrepreneurial spirit? Perhaps you just need to increase your income to make ends meet, or maybe you have a bigger goal of retiring early. You may have heard that solopreneurship is a way to do those things. Everyone should have at least one side hustle simply to make more money. But what are the keys to starting a side hustle successfully?
- Have multiple streams of income. Do not put your eggs in one basket. You can’t guarantee that you will have a job forever, and the same goes with freelancing and even passive income. Mix it up and have more than one to rely on. Think about the skills you already possess and how you can create a service based business and possibly something passive as well. Should you have a blog? Teach online courses? Do some research and see what would be a good fit for you.
- Add value. You have to solve a problem or pain point for a person to truly have a successful side hustle. People don’t like to spend money, but they like to buy things that benefit them at the same time. Be the solution and you will see your income increase. Think about what you know or what you could easily learn and research as much as you can, and then take that research and turn it into a blog, course, or sales funnel.
- Use your already existing contacts to get yourself out there, and continue to grow. Start an email list. Make a website, network on social media. Spread the word. Don’t be afraid to share your new business. Get out there and let people know what you are doing and how you can help them.
- Set goals. Make sure you start hustling before you leave your day job. You should have a solid foundation in place before you make that leap. There will be long hours, but it will be worth it, and you’ll be less likely to fail. Start with a part time hustle. Most people say to have 3 to 6 months of income saved before leaving your day job. You may not need that much but you don’t want to cause problems for yourself either.
- Believe in yourself. It might sound silly, but you need confidence in order to be successful. If you don’t believe you are the solution, your customers won’t either. Continue to learn and share what you know.
You may have a lot of side hustle ideas. Make sure to do your research and find what will work best for you and the skills you already have, with the hope of expanding your skill set in the future. There is a wealth of information online on various gigs you can do and services you can offer. There is no need to reinvent the wheel, but you will want to put your own spin on what you offer. With these side hustle tips, you will be well on your way to be successful and earn extra or maybe even full-time income.
Are you an entrepreneur? You may be really busy putting your all into your business to get it off the ground. However, you need to make sure that you don’t just work through your twenties. There’s a lot of things that you should do while you are young to set yourself up for the future. There’s also things that you can only really do while young, while fit, and possibly before getting married and starting a family. Here is a to-do list of things to do before 30.
- Get an education. After 30 it can be hard to go back to school. You’ll probably have to work hard while doing so and have family commitments you don’t have now.
- Learn how to cook. Cooking is not only healthier but also generally saves you money. Check out recipes online and start learning what you like.
- Learn about your family. Especially grandparents if they are still alive. Hear their stories. They won’t be around forever.
- Get in shape. If you start an exercise regimen now it will be more likely to last a lifetime. You will live longer and have a more active lifestyle.
- Save money. It may seem a little early to think about retirement, but the little bit you invest now will grow to very large amounts by the time you retire. Put some away, even a very small amount like $25 a week.
- Nurture your friendships. As you grow older you will probably only have a handful of lasting friendships. Make sure you have a give and take with the people you care about.
- Follow your passion in the workforce. If you are already an entrepreneur, great, but if not get started.
- Find your cause. What do you care about? Consider volunteering. Make the world a better place.
- Learn to write well. Writing is a skill that will improve your ability to communicate and can also make you money.
- Read frequently. Reading keeps you sharp. You can also continue to learn about the things you are passionate about.
- Get organized. You’ll thank yourself later. Being messy is not the best way to operate.
- Fall and pick yourself back up. Sometimes you fail and it hurts but you need to learn to accept that it happens sometimes and you get back up and move on.
- Network with professionals. Learn how to network both in person and online. Figure out LinkedIn and contact people in your line of work. Learn how to cold email.
- When you are older and things start to hurt, you won’t be climbing mountains. Do it now.
- Get out of debt. Try as hard as you can to pay your college debt down. The sooner you do the sooner you have financial freedom.
- Brand yourself. Be on social media and consistent on all channels. Every entrepreneur needs a platform. Create yours.
There are definitely things that you can do to make your twenties memorable. The best thing to do is start now. Don’t wait. Ten years may seem like a long time but it will fly by, especially if you are already in business or in school. Try to take time for you as you only live once. You will be more successful and get more out of your relationships if you work on yourself first. Enjoy these tips of things to do before 30.
You may be wondering how you can make more money with your small business. One great way to do this is to have a Millennial marketing strategy. Why? Millennials are a huge market with a lot of buying power. Millennials are anyone born between 1977 and 2000. They account for 25% of the US population. They also happen to spend 600 billion annually. You need to get a piece of that for your business! There are several ways you can make your business “Millennial-Friendly”. Here are some tips for you to take into consideration:
- Make your website work on mobile devices. You also need to be present on apps and mobile sites that they are utilizing, like Google maps.
- Every business should have a presence on Facebook, even if you are a solopreneur.
- Have live chat on your website. Millennials prefer to chat than pick up the phone and call a business.
- Use social media in real time. People should be able to reach out to you on Twitter and get a response from someone at your company, whether it is you or someone who works for you.
- Improve the speed of support. You should have fixed the problem within 24 hours. People are not willing to wait very long for things to be resolved.
- Have positive reviews online. Genuine ones. You may get some negative reviews no matter what, but strive toward resolutions and your customers, including Millennials, will recognize that.
- Use discounts and coupons. Millennials are savvy when it comes to saving money. They are a great marketing tactic and bring people to your business. People often spend more when they think they are getting a good deal.
- Have a mission and contribute to society. Do something to make the world a better place Millennials will take notice. Plus you will get to feel good about what you are doing, and who doesn’t like that?
- Treat your employees well. This goes without saying really, but word of mouth goes far. Employees that are treated well produce better work, anyway.
- Use email. It is the preferred way Millennials like to communicate. Some people might think email is outdated, but recent studies have shown that it is not.
Hopefully, your business is already doing a few of these things, but if you aren’t, now you have actionable steps to take to market for Millennials. Most of these steps require a great website as a base, and then you build on that from there. Thankfully most small businesses already have a presence online. As an entrepreneur, you want to make sure you are on top of trends and working with Millennials is a great way to do that. You may have some work ahead of you to make your business “Millennial-Friendly” but with these tips, you’ll be well on your way.
You might also want to initiate your small business with these high-paying skills and attract more millennials for a greater earning.