You just clocked out of your 9-5. Another day is over. You’re exhausted. But that’s the way it’s supposed to be, right? You work hard, pay your dues, and maybe someday get a promotion. That’s what we are taught from a very young age. But maybe it doesn’t have to be like that. Maybe you should quit working so hard for small goals, like that 3% raise or junior management. Maybe you could have bigger goals and see the big picture of your life. Maybe you could have a flexible schedule and do something you love, from home. How would you go about doing that you ask? Here are some things to consider:
- Look at past career experiences. What are you good at? Can you write, draw, do web design?
- Determine your values. What do you care about? What is most important to you about being in business.
- Work toward your own goals. Could you be your own boss? Where could this go? Do you want to travel or provide for your family?
- What is your mission? How will you leave your mark on the world? How could you make the world a better place?
- Think broadly. If you could do anything, what would you do? (Hint: You can do anything you want. Seriously.)
- Let your mind wander. What do you want out of life? Do you want to be more comfortable financially, have a more flexible schedule?
- What are your favorite skills? What are you not only good at but enjoy? Do you like to train, write, blog, design, etc?
- Determine your ideal work day. Do you want to work with others or is going solo for you? Could you take breaks in between tasks? Are you a night owl? Do you want to work in your pajamas?
- Refine your vision. Bring all these things together. What do you see? Could you make all this reality? You probably can if you dedicate yourself and decide to go into business.
With these steps, you can figure out how to get success on your own terms. You can work smarter not harder. You don’t have to work so hard when you do business your way. There is so much information on the internet today and businesses you can start from home with little to no investment beyond a basic website. Make up a portfolio and start marketing yourself. Most people can write or start a blog. Perhaps you enjoy social media. Can you do web design? Do you want to earn from home? Are you thinking what i am thinking? Perhaps a freelancing website would do… get what I mean? These are all things to think about. Start today, the rest of your life is waiting.